I don’t mean to brag, but this is the best banana bread I’ve ever tried. You can ask my friends, I think they will defend me. 🙂 Thanks grandma Cloe for the awesome recipe 🙂 🙂
I am sad to share that my recipe posting may be put on hold for a few weeks. Last week I started my summer job where I am working as a Sports Medicine Instructor and Resident Assistant at a summer program for middle schoolers. It has been a blast so far and I’ve meet so many awesome people my age who are all interested in different things in life! I am learning a ton already and my kids haven’t even arrived yet! They get here Sunday, which will probably prevent me from having much time to bake (especially since my current residence is in a dorm room). BUT I am going to try very hard to find some baking time and show you some new awesome recipes.
This banana bread is awesome. (There’s really no other way to put it!) It is the very best out of the oven, but lasts for days as a great snack. Whenever my bananas get a little brown and I don’t want to waste them I always get out the recipe card for this banana bread. The sweetness of the ripe bananas really add to the intense flavor and springy texture. One of my best friends, Katie created an awesome spin on this recipe and added Mini Reeces Peanut Butter Cups! It was soooo delicious, so feel free to add these into make a dessert bread! 🙂 After all, More Chocolate Please!!!
Preheat oven to 350.
This recipes yields one loaf.
Best Banana Bread Ingredients:
2 large ripe bananas
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup canola oil
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon lemon juice
2 cups flour (I love whole-wheat pastry flour)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
a few pinches of cinnamon and brown sugar
To invert the bread and get it on the pan without breaking follow these directions! Scrape the edge of the pan with a butter knife to loosen bread from the sides. Then turn the cooling rack upside down on the bread pan. Then secure both sides of the cooling rack ON the bread pan with a pot holder and flip upside down (quickly!) and the bread should pop out! If it does not pop out, hit bottom of the pan a few times with a spoon or knife and wiggle it around until it comes out clean!!
Best Banana Bread Directions:
- Place bananas in a big bowl and break into small pieces with a fork or beaters (do not mush the banana or it will all sink to the bottom of the loaf).
- Add sugar, eggs, canola oil, milk, vanilla, and lemon juice to the banana bowl and mix well.
- In a separate bowl add: flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon and mix well.
- Then add the dry flour mix to the wet banana mix and stir or beat until everything is incorporated well.
- Pour banana bread mixture into a greased bread pan using a spatula to get all the batter off the bowl.
- Sprinkle the loaf with cinnamon and brown sugar to cover the top.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes. Test with a clean toothpick by sticking it in the middle and outside of bread and see that it comes out clean. If there is still batter on the toothpick, put back in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Let the loaf rest for 5 minutes in the pan and scrape the edge with a knife to loosen. Then invert on a cooling rack. *See pictures and instructions.
- Serve warm with butter or brummel and brown (yogurt butter!).
Baked by Michelle Dieringer for MoreChocolate.net.