These cookies are so easy, perfect for a beginner baker and/or someone who wants to whip up a super fast recipe! Prep, baking and cleanup all in under an hour- hard to beat that! Oh yeah, did I also mention they are delicious? When the cookies are not over baked the inside texture is so soft with a crunchy outside. When scooping the cookies, I kept the dough stacked high which made the cookies so puffy and tall! This was all made possible from my mom who got me this awesome cookie scooper so all my cookies are all the same size. The bottom of the spoon is made from silicone so you just push with your thumb and the cookie dough falls out onto the pan (see picture below!)
I am preparing to leave for Boston in two days (wow!) I don’t think it has actually hit me yet even though I moved out of my apartment and packed all week! I am excited to see my friends back in Boston but I will miss my Oregon friends and family dearly. In Boston, I will be living with 3 roommates so I shouldn’t be very lonely, however. 🙂 The last few days I have been checking off my very important departing Oregon to-do list including: girls night, eating at Sweet Tomatoes, spending time with the parents and lots of cuddling/movie watching with Stephen and my big puppy Koda.
Enjoy this super easy and delicious cookie recipe and let me know what you think!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Ingredients
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature
3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1 1/4 cups flour (I used whole wheat pastry flour)
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Peanut butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
This recipe yields ~25 cookies.
- In a big bowl, cream the butter until light and fluffy. Then add peanut butter and sugars until light.
- Add the egg and mix until fluffy.
- In a smaller bowl mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together well. Then add these dry ingredients to the butter mixture.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Drop cookie dough by teaspoonfuls onto lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until lightly browned.
- Place cookies on cooling rack or serve warm!
Recipe adapted from Southern Food.
Baked by Michelle for MoreChocolate.net.