05 May Chocolate Coconut flour cupcakes with Cocoa-Hazelnut Frosting
I think I might have found my most favorite frosting recipe ever! Magic happens when you mix up the butter, sugar, and chocolate hazelnut spread! Let’s just hope you have some frosting left for your cake after you whip it up.. The frosting is perfect to pipe on to your cupcakes because its super light and fluffy but it holds its shape well.. The cupcakes themselves are paleo/ gluten-free and coconut flour is very dry which requires extra liquid to make up for it. I do not recommend swapping out for any other flours as coconut reacts very differently compared to other flours.
Chocolate Coconut Flour Cupcakes with Cocoa-Hazelnut Frosting
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup dutch processed cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Chocolate Coconut Flour Cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix dry ingredients a medium bowl with a whisk.
- In a large bowl mix wet ingredients until combined and eggs are fluffy. Slowly add dry ingredients and mix well.
- Place cupcake papers into pan and fill papers 2/3 full.
- Bake for 15-18minutes or until a toothpick placed in the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool for 3 minutes and place on cooling rack.
- Make frosting while cupcakes bake/cool.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and chocolate hazelnut spread for two minutes until combined and creamy, scraping the bowl as needed.
- Add the powdered sugar one cup at a time, beating well after each addition on low speed.
- Then add vanilla extract and beat on medium speed for 1-2minutes until light and fluffy.
- Spread or pipe on cupcakes when cooled.