03 Aug Fresh peach Cupcakes
Happy National Peach Month!!! These peach cupcakes are perfectly sweet and peachy- just the way I imagined them! The recipe calls for a little vinegar which helps add a little zest which deepens the peach flavor. Pro tip: Keep these cupcakes chilled to prevent the frosting from melting,
Fresh Peach Cupcakes
Peach Cupcakes Ingredients:
- 2 1/2 cups Cake Flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 4-5 drops pink food coloring
- 4- 5 medium sized peaches divided
Peach Buttercream Ingredients:
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 3 cups powdered sugar more or less depending on how sweet you want it
- 1/4 cup fresh peach puree remove pits and skins
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3 drops pink food coloring
Peach Cupcake Directions:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place cupcake papers in tin, set aside.
- In a medium bowl add sifted cake flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk together well and set aside.
- In a food processor or blender, add 2-3 pealed and pitted peaches and blend until pureed. Measure one cup and ? cup separately (save ? cup for buttercream).
- In a large clean bowl add sugar, peach puree, vegetable oil, egg, vanilla extract, water and apple cider vinegar and beat until smooth.
- Add the flour mixture and beat on low for 1 minute. Add a 4-5 drops of pink food coloring to create a light peachy color (you can add a little more after you mix for a few seconds). Then beat on medium speed for 1-2 minutes until combined (there will be some small lumps). Add 1 cup of diced peaches if desired and fold in batter.
- Fill each cupcake hole 2/3 full with batter and bake for 18-22min until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Place cupcakes on a cooling rack and cool to room temperature. Make frosting while cupcakes are baking and cooling.
- Optional: Slice one peach with skins attached into very small wedges to place on top of frosted cupcakes.
Peach Buttercream Directions:
- In a large bowl, beat butter at medium speed until creamy. Then add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time beating at low speed until blended after each addition.
- Beat in 1/4 cup peach puree and vanilla extract.
- Add 2-3 drops of pink food coloring to create a light peachy color (you can add a little more after you mix for a few seconds).**
- Fill frosting bag with buttercream and pipe onto room temperature cupcakes as you desire.
- Keep cupcakes in a cool area or the fridge to prevent melting.
**If your frosting is not dense enough, add more sugar until the desired consistency is reached.