05 Jul Peanut butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice cream Cake
What could be better than cake when your birthday is in July? ICE CREAM CAKE! The chocolate chip peanut butter cookie dough used in this recipe create my favorite cookies of all time. I could probably eat the entire bowl of dough all by myself (lets hope that never happens!). This recipe calls for pre-made ice cream so go ahead and choose your favorite brand from the grocery store- I recommend chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream. The cake is then topped with homemade cookie crumbles, fresh made whipped cream, and hot fudge sauce. Are you drooling yet?!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Cake
Peanut Butter Cookie Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar firmly packed
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups flour I used whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Whipped Cream Ingredients:
- 1 cup low fat/regular whipping cream
- 2-4 tablespoons sugar
- Other Ingredients:
- 1.5 quarts of Cookie Dough Ice cream
- 1 package crunchy cookies
- 1 jar chocolate sauce or hot fudge
Peanut Butter Cookie Directions:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line the bottom of an 8″-9″ spring-form pan with parchment paper.
- In a big bowl, cream the butter until light and fluffy. Then add peanut butter and sugars until light.
- Add the egg and mix until fluffy. Set aside.
- In a smaller bowl mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together well. Then add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, mixing only until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Evenly press cookie dough into the spring-form pan. Bake for 28-32min until edges are slightly golden brown.
- Remove pan from the oven and allow to cool for 30min. Then remove cookie and place on a cooling rack and cool completely.
- Remove ice cream from freezer and thaw while cookie is cooling.
- Place cookie back in spring form pan and spread evenly with ice cream. Place back in freezer until solid.
- Make the whipped cream while the cake freezes (see below).
- When cake is frozen, pipe edges with whipped cream and sprinkle cookie pieces in the middle of the cake.
- Drizzle cake with chocolate sauce and freeze until serving. Allow cake to thaw 10min prior to cutting.
Whipped Cream Directions:
- Place metal bowl and beaters into the freezer for 15min.
- Remove bowl and add whipped cream and sugar (add more for sweeter whipped cream).
- Beat until the mixture doubles and stiff peaks form (when you remove beaters the whipped cream holds the position).
- Place whipped cream into frosting bag with desired tip and pipe on to edges of the cake.