25 Mar Vanilla Cupcakes with Fudge Filling and White Chocolate Buttercream
Posted at 03:32h in Cupcakes and Cakes 0 Comments
These cupcakes are soft like clouds filled with chocolate fudge dreams. The white chocolate buttercream seals the deal wrapping this dessert in a sweet and unique flavor that you might not expect. This is an all around delicious cake that your friends will love.
Vanilla Cupcakes with Fudge Filling and White Chocolate Buttercream
Because who doesn't like a fudge filled cupcake
Servings: 24 cupakes
- 2 3/4 cups cake flour sifted 3 times
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
Fudge Filling Ingredients
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 2/3 cup Dutch processed unsweetened cocoa powder sifted
- 3 cups powdered sugar sifted
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
White Chocolate Buttercream Ingredients
- 4 oz white chocolate baking bar or chips
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place cupcake papers in tin, set aside.
- In a medium bowl add sifted cake flour, baking powder, and salt. Whisk together well and set aside.
- In a medium clean bowl, beat egg whites on medium-low speed until foamy for 1-2 minutes.Then add cream of tartar to the side of the bowl and and beat on medium speed until bubbles become smaller for 1-2 minutes. Then beat on fast until the egg whites have increased approximately 4 times in volume. Add 1/4 cup sugar slowly in a steady stream at the side of the bowl and beat only until meringue will hold up in soft peaks.
- In a large clean bowl, beat butter until smooth. Gradually add remaining 1 cup sugar, and cream together until light and fluffy. Add sifted ingredients alternately with milk a small amount at a time, beating after each addition until smooth. Mix in vanilla and almond extract.
- Gently fold egg whites into the batter.
- Fill each cupcake slot 2/3 full. Bake for 20-22 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Place cupcakes on cooling rack and cool to room temperature. Make frosting while cupcakes are baking and cooling.
- Once cupcakes are room temperature, use a cupcake corer or small knife to remove a small amount of the center of the cupcake.
Fudge Filling Directions
- Melt butter and stir in cocoa. Add powdered sugar one cup at a time and mix well after each addition.
- Add milk a few tablespoons at a time and mix well until medium consistency. Mix in Vanilla.
- When cupcakes are cool and cored, use a small baggie or piping bag to insert a small amount in the middle of the cupcake, just level with the top. Repeat with all cupcakes.
White Chocolate Buttercream Directions
- Microwave chocolate and 1/3 cup heavy cream in a microwave-safe bowl at medium power
- for 30 seconds at a time, stirring each time until melted and smooth. Let cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, beat butter at medium speed until creamy. Then add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time and heavy cream one tablespoon at a time, beating at low speed until blended after each addition.
- Beat in melted white chocolate and vanilla.
- Fill a frosting bag with buttercream and pipe onto cupcakes as you desire.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.